Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Parenting is Not a Popularity Contest

സ്‌നേഹപൂ൪വ്വം ,

Parenting is Not a Popularity Contest
A judge, when sentencing a man for robbery, asked if he had anything to say. The man replied, "Yes your honor. Please sentence my parents to jail also." The judge asked, "Why?" The prisoner answered, "When I was a little boy, I stole a pencil from school. My parents knew about it but never said a word. Then I stole a pen. They knowingly ignored it. I continued to steal many other things from the school and the neighborhood till it became an obsession. They knew about it, yet they never said a word. If anyone belongs in jail with me, they do."
He is right. Although it does not absolve him of his responsibility, the question is did the parents do their job right? Obviously not.
Giving choices to children is important, but choices without direction result in disaster. Complete mental and physical preparation is the result of sacrifice and self-discipline.
Parents spend an average of 15 minutes a week in "meaningful dialog" with their children, children who are left to glean whatever values they can from peers and TV.
Journal of the American Family Association

നല്ല ഒരു ദിവസം കൂടി ആശംസിച്ചുക്കൊണ്ട്
നിങ്ങളുടെ സ്വന്തം നിഷ്ക്കളങ്കനായ

No comments: